Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Teen romance, happy endings
Similar to: The Princess Diaries, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Meg Cabot's How to Be Popular, any Sarah Dessen novel :D
Ages:13-35
I have such a happy feeling after reading this book. Susane Colasanti knows how to capture everything a teenager is feeling and put it into writing. I am having serious pangs of nostalgia right now after reading this book. From the moment I started reading, I couldn't put this book down.
Marisa is a sophomore and over the span of a year, a lot happens in her life. Battling anxiety disorder and depression, Marisa has to deal with all of what most teenagers deal with and more. She has a best friend named Sterling, a nerdy guy friend who has a crush on her named Nash, a crush on a hottie named Derek, a secret crush on a guy who does a radio show named Dirk, a crazy annoying sister named Sandra, a cool Aunt Katie, and two parents that are acting insanely weird.
In this typical, but always entertaining teen novel, the reader can remember what it was like to be a teenager, and teenagers can relate to Marisa and know they are not alone. This quick and easy read was great, and had my heart racing the whole time.
No comments:
Post a Comment