Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Teen romance, teen drama
Similar to: Sarah Dessen Novels, Cyberbully (movie)
Ages: 13-25
Although I loved Susane Colasanti's last novel, I was not thrilled with this one. I'm really glad this was such a quick read because I would have been disappointed if I had spent a lot of time reading on it.
Lani and Erin have been best friends since they were little. Ever since a car accident, the two girls have shared everything, and now they are about to share the same boyfriend. Blake is Lani's other friend who is going through the process of sharing his homosexuality with the school and with his family. Will Lani be able to be with Jason, or will she be forced to give up her soul mate in order to keep her best friend?
This book was filled with characters that were completely pointless. I understand Conner, the foreign boy from art class who helps Lani realize what's important, but Greg, Danielle, and Sophie were completely pointless. The book just had so many loose ends that I felt like a bunch of random pages were put together to try to assemble a book. I didn't feel a connection to Jason at all. He seemed shallow and boring to me, and the fact that Lani and him had so much in common seemed completely superficial. I was more in love with Conner who was only mentioned a few times in the book.
I wasn't 100 percent disappointed with this book. The writing is great as always. Susane Colasanti has the gift of being able to transport me to a time and place completely different from here, and she did that in this book. I just really wish I could have connected more with the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment