Friday, January 6, 2012

Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars (The content was too much for me, but the writing was great)
If You Like: Dark Teen Fiction, Stories of Rape and Abduction
Similar to: The Lovely Bones (book and movie), Sarah Dessen's novels, Speak (book and movie)
Ages: 14-40 (I recommend you read this before you let your teenager read this)

I guess I should read book jackets more often because I expected "Living Dead Girl" to be happy and romantic like Elizabeth Scott's previous novels. I was sadly mistaken. This was one of the most disturbing books I've ever read. It was brilliantly written, but when I finished the last page, I was sick to my stomach.

Living Dead Girl is a story about abduction, pedophilia, and rape. It is graphic and written from the perspective of a 15 year old girl who has been raped and abused by her abductor for the past five years. This book is not for the faint of heart or for those with a weak stomach, like myself.

Although I read this book in less than a couple of hours, I was so disturbed that I really wish I could take it back. Do with this review what you will, but just remember you have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment