Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
If you like: Summer romance, Adult fiction
Similar to: Nicholas sparks novels, The Peach Keeper by: Sarah Addison Allen
Ages: 18-100
I was surprised at how much I loved Heat Wave. It is about a woman named Carley, who lives on Nantucket, and who is widowed at the age of 32. She is left with a paid off house, no money, 2 children, and some very opinionated in laws. Carley is forced to make a whole new life with the help of a few old best friends, a few new ones, and a really attractive guy. She decides to take care of her family financially by opening a B&B, and is happy at the way everything just falls into place.
I loved this book, and would recommend it to adults of all ages. I actually told my sister-in-law about it before I had finished it, but she is 25 weeks pregnant right now, and there is something in there that probably isn't appropriate to read if you are currently pregnant. Either way, this book was about love and loss, and learning and growing from it.
No comments:
Post a Comment