Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Young adult romance, cliques, girls being cutthroat
Similar to: Mean Girls, The Princess Diaries, Twilight
Ages: 13-30
I loved this book. Courtney Summers develops the plot wonderfully and is an amazing, captivating writer. I could not stop turning the pages until the book was finished. It has been a long time since I stayed up all night finishing a book.
The story is about Regina who gets accused of sleeping with her best friend's boyfriend, Donnie, when in reality, Donnie tried to rape Regina. Anna (Regina's best friend) and her group of friends make Regina's life a living hell. She has no one to turn to, so she sits with the only other loser in the school, Michael, and they start to form a friendship.
Regina can take anything Anna and her friends dish out until Anna has something that is so big that it forces Regina to dump Michael without giving him an explaination. She is forced to go back and be Anna's slave in order to protect Michael.
This book makes hanging out with the girls from Mean Girls look like a walk in the park. The relationship between Regina and Michael is one of the hottest relationships I've read about since The Princess Diaries. Overall, an awesome young adult read.
No comments:
Post a Comment