Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Teen novels
Similar to: Other teen novels, but not good ones
Ages: 13-20
Jenna is the kind of girl who got early acceptance into Harvard because she has chosen to always focus on school work, even if it meant missing out on all of the fun stuff that high schoolers get to participate in. She has a boyfriend, Scott, who is totally hot, but for some reason Jenna hasn't been able to allow herself to lose her virginity to him. Her friend Courtney is with a great guy named Mat, and she has already lost her virginity after only having been with him for a few months. Jenna has been with Scott for over a year, so what gives?
This book was far from my favorite. Scott was highly unlikeable, and all of the problems the characters dealt with seemed insignificant to me. Although some people might think that this book explores some serious themes, I found it far from deep, and quite frankly a waste of time. After I finished this book (which thankfully was a quick read), I didn't feel the longing that I love to feel after I have finished a good book. The book I had just finished before this one was amazing. Maybe this was the rebound book after the book that I loved before. If that's the case, I'm hoping I can get on to the next real thing now that I've gotten this out of my system.
No comments:
Post a Comment