Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
If you like: Teen novels, coming of age novels
Similar to: Harry Potter, Sarah Dessen novels
Ages; 13-30
Fangirl is about twin sisters, Cath and Wren, trying to make their way as individuals in the college world. Wren is social and outgoing while Cath is a very reserved homebody. Cath is having a hard time adjusting to being away from her father who has been her sole parent since the girls were eight years old. While Wren is out partying, Cath is in her dorm room writing her fanfiction stories about Simon Snow, a Harry Potter like character. This is the story of Cath breaking out of her shell, finding herself, making friends, and possibly even finding love.
I loved this book. It was interesting, well written and sweet; your typical teen novel with a bit of fanfiction thrown in. The only thing I didn't like was that I thought the book could have very well ended half way through with most of the storylines coming to a close, but when it finally did end it seemed abrupt. Still, I was drawn into a world of life, romance, and fanfiction. Overall, a fun and quick read I would definitely recommend.
No comments:
Post a Comment