Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Rating: 4 out of 5
If You Like: Romance
Similar To: You've Got Mail
Ages: 13-100

I'm not really a huge fan of the Rainbow Rowell books I have read in the past, but I enjoyed this one quite a bit.  I still feel like all of Rowell's novels drag on and then all of the action in the story line is crammed into the last few chapters of the book, but this one was a little better.

Lincoln works internet security for a newspaper. His job is to read and monitor employee emails that get flagged for content and then send them a warning.  Lincoln doesn't care for his job, but one day he gets an email conversation between two ladies named Jennifer and Beth.  He finds them so funny and entertaining that he doesn't send out the warning email that he is supposed to. Instead, he keeps reading their emails and starts to feel a genuine connection to two people who he has never met.  He finds friendship in the vending machine lady, Doris, who was my personal favorite character.  She gives him advice and helps him sort out the romantic feelings he develops for Beth. 

This is a quick and cute read read half from emails between Beth and Jennifer and half from Lincoln's perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment