Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Romance, Finding Yourself Novels
Similar to: Sweet Home Alabama
Ages: 13-100
After having read The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan, I was looking for another sweet and cheesy romance book. This book isn't what I was looking for exactly, but it was still a pleasant book. I felt like it was more about finding yourself and getting back to your roots rather than romance. There were still a few bits of romance to satisfy your cravings, but I just wanted something a littler more.
Ever since Flora's mom passed away, she has lived in London as a lawyer. She comes from a background in Scotland where her father and brothers farm their family owned land and their mother used to cook everything before she passed away. A client, Colton, owns a property in Flora's hometown and recruits Flora to help him get the locals to like him.
Flora comes back to the home she grew up in and finds that her father and brother's need her more than she ever expected. Add in some delicious descriptions of food, a cute dog, and a couple of romances and you have yourself a complete feel good novel.
No comments:
Post a Comment