Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A Whole New World by Liz Braswell

Rating: 0 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Aladdin, but have never read any other fiction novel, maybe
Similar to: Aladdin
Ages: 13-40

If I could give this book zero stars, I would. I got about 7/8 of the way through this book and finally gave up. I'm not a quitter, and have read many awful books all of the way through in hopes that the ending would redeem the whole book. That is actually why I didn't give up sooner.  I fully expected it to just get better, but it never did.

I have always loved the Disney movie, Aladdin, so finding out there was a whole series of Disney stories with a twist made my heart happy.  The book started out just like the story I grew up with, and I was looking forward to seeing some changes, but the story was long and drug out and not interesting or face paced.  I guess it just goes to show that if it isn't broken, maybe we shouldn't try to fix it.

Because I disliked this book so much, I decided to remove the other books in the Twisted Tale series from my to read list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment