Saturday, April 1, 2017

Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas Sparks

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Memoirs, Fiction, Travel
Similar to: Older Nicholas Sparks books
Ages: 13-100

I was surprised how much I loved this book. I don't normally read memoirs, but this was the last book by Nicholas Sparks for me to read, so I decided to suck it up.  I'm so sorry I waited for so long because this book actually reads more like fiction than a memoir.  This book had all of the qualities of Nicholas Sparks older (and better) books.  

It alternates between Sparks' childhood and the three week trip he takes with his brother, Micah.  It is really great to know how Nicholas Sparks grew up and know why he writes the books he writes today.  While reading this, I was so sad to learn that just two years ago, Nicholas Sparks and his wife divorced. That could be why the last 2-3 books have been very different from his older books.  Even if Nicholas Sparks never writes a book that I like again, I can always remember that I have his older books to go back to and reread over and over again, and this book is one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment