Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Dystopian societies, teen fiction, war
Similar to: The Hunger Games, The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
Ages: 15-100
Divergent takes place in a dystopian society where there are five factions. Each faction has different rules to live by, and everyone gets to choose whether they want to remain in the faction they grew up in, or if they want to take the risk of joining another faction. If their choice doesn't work out, they become factionless. The factionless people have no food, no place to live, and work the lowest position jobs in society.
Beatrice, or Tris, is Divergent, which means she can relate to any of the facitons, but being Divergent is dangerous. If the wrong people find out that someone is Divergent, it will most certainly in end that person's untimely death.
I found this book a little hard to get into, but the last 150 pages were so good, I couldn't put the book down. The characters were easily likeable, especially Four, who I developed a crush on in the first 130 pages of the book.
This book is part of a trilogy, and the next book comes out next month. I honestly cannot wait to read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment