Thursday, July 25, 2013

All I Need by Susane Colasanti

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Teen romance
Similar to: Sarah Dessen novels, Elizabeth Scott novels
Ages: 13-25

This book was a quick read, but it felt like a million books I've read before.  Sometimes that can be a good thing, but in the majority of this book Skye and Seth weren't together, and I like reading the super cheesy happy stuff rather than real life.

Skye and Seth meet during their summer vacation.  They feel an instant connection even from all the way across the beach.  They spend two wonderful days together, but on the day when they're supposed to say goodbye, Seth doesn't show up.  Both Skye and Seth think about each other all year until they finally find each other again during their next summer vacation.  They spend the best two weeks of their lives together, and this time they make plans to spend the year alternating visits to one another.  They realize that it is harder than they thought it would be.  Do Skye and Seth have what it takes to make their long distance relationship work?  Is love really all you need?

I don't really care for Colasanti's alternating voice style, but maybe some people love that.  I end up forgetting who is telling the story.  I loved how much the character's were in love with each other, and I loved their connection. This book covers how hard it can be to be in a long distance relationship with the person you're meant to spend the rest of your life with.

No comments:

Post a Comment