Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Teen romance, witchcraft, paranormal, books set in the south
Similar to: Twilight, Meg Cabot novels
Ages: 14-30
Although it took me a while to finish this book, I found it to be a pretty good story. The characters are easily likeable, and I loved the way this book made me feel while reading it.
When Lena moves into the small town of Gaitlin, Ethan's whole world changes. He meets Lena, and it's love at first sight. In fact, it feels as though he's known her and loved her forever. He finds out that Lena is a Castor, and that on her sixteenth birthday, a curse is going to claim her for either the dark side or the light side, but no one knows which it will be until the day of Lena's birthday. It could be dangerous for Ethan to be getting so close to Lena, but he can't resist fate.
Will Lena be claimed for the dark or the light? What will happen to Ethan and all of the people that Lena loves?
This book was really good and I enjoyed reading it, but it was long, and the story tended to drag on. I want to read the other three books to find out the ending of the story, but if I never picked up any of the sequels, I think I'd be ok with that too. This book is still worth a read.
Sidenote: Don't expect the movie to be anything like the book, or you will be sadly disappointed with it, like I was.
No comments:
Post a Comment