Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reached by Ally Condie

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Dystopian future, revolutions
Similar to: Hunger Games Trilogy, and Divergent by Veronica Roth
Ages: 13-100

I loved this book just like I loved the rest of the Matched Trilogy.  Ally Condie is an amazing writer who completely transports you into her story.

The Rising has begun to strike against the Society.  Ky is flying planes for the Rising, Xander is working as a Medic, and Cassia is back to her sorting job in the Society.  They are all doing their part to infiltrate the Society to do their part for the Rising. 

The Rising plans to give the people of the Society a plague that can only be cured by the Rising.  It works at first, but then the Plague develops a mutation that not even the Rising has a cure for.  Some are immune to the Plague, but most are not.  It's a race against time to find the cure.  Will the Rising be able to find a cure?  If they do find a cure, who will it be too late for?

This book was so suspenseful that I couldn't wait to get to the last page.  I wasn't disappointed with the ending, and I know other readers won't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment