Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Teen fiction/romance
Similar to: Sarah Dessen Novels, The Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot
Ages: 12-30
I am always so pleasantly surprised when I read a Susane Colasanti novel. It's almost like I forget how good her books really are until I'm reading one of them. This book was one of my favorites by her.
Brooke has just been going through the motions in life. She hates school, so she refuses to do her school work even though she is a genius,she doesn't get along with her mother, and she is in love with a boy who has no idea she exists. All of that changes when she finds out Scott, the boy Brooke thinks she is meant to be with, moves to NYC.
When Brooke moves in with her dad, who lives in NYC, in order to follow Scott, it is as beautiful as she expected, but the relationships she expected to have with Scott and her dad are not what she expected. Luckilly, she meets a great friend Sadie who gets her to sign up for a tutoring program where she meets an awesome boy named John who shows her how to look at the world from a different perspective. Only then, when she realizes that life is beautiful, does Brooke start to turn her life around, and attempt to make a difference in the world.
This book really makes you feel like you can make a difference in the world. I also really connected to this book because I saw a lot of myself in Brooke. I definately recommend you read this book if you are a fan of teen romance in any way.
No comments:
Post a Comment