Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
If You Like: Survival stories, dystopias, young adult fiction
Similar to: Lost, 1984, Matched by Ally Condie, Twilight
Ages: 15-50

Although I didn't like this book as much as I wanted to, I really enjoyed reading The Hunger Games. I originally picked up this book because of all of the hype, and although it took a while to get into, I see what the hype is about. I guess I just have mixed feelings about this book because it was good, but I wouldn't put it in my favorite books of all time.

The Hunger Games is about the annual fight to the death between the 12 districts. A boy and a girl from each district are randomly drawn to fight each other until there is one victor. Katniss's sister is drawn, forcing Katniss to volunteer herself in order to protect her sister. Her and a boy named Peeta are sent to compete in the Hunger Games against each other. 24 competetors; who will be the victor?

After I got into this book, I couldn't put it down. I want to read the other two to find out who Katniss will fall in love with, and what will become of her and her loved ones. I hope you will read these books too because they are good, but don't get your hopes up too much before you start like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment